Captain Garry's Blog

WELCOME FOLKS!  Don't forget to "Like" our site up top and drop a comment or tip in our forums to enter our contest!  

More fishing articles...

Support Our Sponsors! Check Out the Ad!

New Phone Friendly Forums!

Post In The Gallery or Forums and Win $10,000

Great New Features On Fishnfools.com!

• Powerful, Inviting

• Member Blogging

• Better Photos

• Enhanced Security

• Product Reviews

• Better Chat Feature

• Powerful Searching

• iPhone & Android Friendly

Photo
- - - - -

trout fishing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 legendmaker

legendmaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hello, I'm Captain Hunter of Legend Maker Guides. I've been a trout fisherman all of my life. When I fish for trout I treat every creek, river, and stream the same. Trout are predators and opportunitist, but each trout species are diffrent predators. The rainbow will eat bout anything, they love fast waters with a lot of oxygen. I love using a Joe's flies, the apache, tru glow, and cheese egg are great. Browns are diffrent, they like deep holes and slow water, but u can often catch them in the current as well. Browns are a predator they are just like wolves. If you're fishing a spinner they love a Mepps with a gold blade no feathers. If u use live bait you have to wait a while sometimes. Cast at the top of the hole and wait, they will find the bait. They hunt just like a wolf. Brooks are easy to catch any live bait will do or a lil' dry fly. I'll tell you now my favorite thing to use to catch trophy size trout is a DEAD yes DEAD shinner. Trout love them and its just down right fun. If you have any questions email me at legendmakerguides@yahoo.com and don't forget to look at some of my pics in the trout gallery. Thanks and fish on!!!

#2 ljcooper

ljcooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

I've cut open trout guts to see what they are eating and was amazed at the stuff I found in them. Fish, crawdads, sticks and shoe strings. Be surprised if I didn't find a wolf in one some day.

#3 legendmaker

legendmaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

You will find so much stuff in them. If its a full moon I would suggest using a crawlfish. They hatch every new or full moon during the spring and summer and trout love 'em!

#4 Crazfingers69

Crazfingers69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia Canada

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

What part of the world you guys fishing in? Central Nova Scotia Canada here.

#5 ljcooper

ljcooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

I'm in Northern California around Chico. I fish from the Sacramento Delta to Oregon.

#6 legendmaker

legendmaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

From north Georgia here fishing clear, cold water mountain streams for big trophy size trout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users